Tuesday 6 August 2013

One Direction's Louis Tomlinson signs to Doncaster Rovers football club. The boyband member joins his hometown team on a non-contract basis

One Direction's Louis Tomlinson has signed for Doncaster Rovers football club in one of the most unexpected transfers of the football pre-season.

Tomlinson will not leave his day job as a member of Britain's biggest boybands but has signed for Doncaster on a non-contract basis. The club have handed Tomlinson the number 28 shirt and hope that he will play for the first team at some point in the coming season and help raise money for Bluebell Wood, a Yorkshire children's hospice, in the process.

Speaking about the unlikely to his addition to his CV, Tomlinson said: "This has always been a childhood dream for me. I feel very honoured to have been asked to sign for Rovers and being able to help both the club and the amazing charity Bluebell Wood is what it’s all about."

Doncaster chairman John Ryan, a former player at the club, revealed he is "honoured" to have Tomlinson at the club. "I am honoured to let Louis play in my number to help raise money for the charity. I wore this in 2003 for my record beating appearance at Hereford and this is the first time I have allowed it to be used since, but I felt this was a good cause."

Tomlinson turned out for the Championship side in 2012 when he played in a pre-season friendly at the club's Keapmoat Stadium.  

Caoimhe Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment